Indications of Cystoscopy
- If patient comes with complain of blood in urine i.e hematuria
- If you suspect any tumor or growth in bladder.
- If patient is having recurrent urinary tract infection.
- Over active bladder or incontinence of urine or anuria that means either when patient is having frequent urge to urinate or patient is unable to control urine or there is no formation of urine.
- When patient is complaining of severe pain in urine.
- When you suspect a calculus or stone in urinary tract or want to do lithotomy with the help of cystoscope.
- When you are suspecting any blockage or Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia.
Cystoscopes are of two types- 1. Flexible and 2. Rigid types
If you are the patient and having problems like pain and burning micturition after cystoscopy, you do these 3 things which will help you to come out of these problems (Post Cystocopy Care)
a) Drink as much water as you can @ of 1 litre every two hours.
b) Take a bath with warm water.
c) Take a sterile bandage, wet it in warm water, apply it to urethral opening frequently.
d) Ask your doctor to prescribe certain urinary analgesics like phenazopyridine.
What is the cost of cystoscopy in India?
It is done free of cost in Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi, Safderjung Hospital New Delhi. Private practioner can charge accordingly.