Here we have tried to explain you the differences present in preterm and term babies in form of video starting from head we go down
1. hairs- woolly and fuzzy present in preterm baby but silky and black in term baby.
2. Ears- lack of cartilage present in preterm, so recoil very poor, ear is soft, but in term baby recoil is good and you can feel the cartilage.
3. Lanugo present all over body, less lanugo is present.
4. Weight is less usually less than 3 kg, usually they are of 1.5 to 2.5 kg.
5. Breast nodule present but less than 5 mm, nipple may be present or absent, may be very small in size.
6. Genitals, rugae absent over testis, vulva separated apart in females
7. obtuse popliteal angle
8. Square Window sign negative.
Watch out all of these things in a preterm baby below on youtube.